* Partner Post
The basic needs of the human are food, clothing, and shelter. Just as food is essential for our health so are clothing and shelter. But with the advancement of time, the basic needs have increased. For example, now the washing machine, refrigerator and a television and smart mobile phones have also become the basic needs. Likewise, the bed where we spend about one-third of our life is an important part which contributes to our wellbeing and health. Sleep gives our brain rest, and a healthy mind produces a healthy body. The quality of our sleep contributes majorly to our wellbeing, success and happiness in life. Keeping these parameters in mind, the mattress industry has revolutionized.
So, here we will discuss the different types of mattresses and their health benefits. It is to help you choose the best mattress for your needs. Though the mattress ratings help in finalizing the purchase but knowing the exact benefits of each one may be of more help for your investment.
Memory Foam Mattresses
- Memory foam provides the right body fit according to the body shape which is controlled by the body heat and pressure. It returns to its original shape when the pressure is retracted.
- Provides temperature control support controlled by body temperature. Warmth makes it softer and comforts the body and takes its shape. It retains heat in cold weather.
- Memory Foam Provides Pain-Relief Comfort – Helps in relieving pain, body aches and soreness. It also helps your body to recover quickly from injuries.
- Prevents allergy-causing dust mites from collecting within the bed due to its dense texture of polyurethane.
- Provides Motion Transfer Resistance when two people are sharing the same bed which does not disturb the other person.
The health benefits of this kind of mattress are -
- Pain relief
- Does not give an unpleasant scent
- Prevents motion transfer of your partner giving undisturbed sleep.
- Freedom from mites and hence prevents any allergy or respiratory problem.
- Lasts longer compared to a traditional mattress.
- Bacterial growth and moisture get prevented by the hygienic atmosphere.
- These are naturally fire resistant.
- They offer superior contour to the body, especially during side sleep. It supports the body very well and provides relief at the pressure points.
- It gives a cooling comfort which promotes sound sleep.
- It gives bounciness without any noise which is helpful for a couple. Also, supports motion isolation.
- They are available in varied firmness levels as per the need of the user.
Hospitals mostly use these types of mattresses. But they have been improved and are used for home as well facilitating a wide range of health benefits.
- Reduces Snoring by elevating the upper body which improves sleep quality.
- Reduces Back Pain by Elevating your head and legs which release pressure on the lower back.
- Provide Relief from Heartburn and Acid Reflux by elevating the upper body by 6-8 inches. It helps to keep stomach acid from traveling up reducing heartburn and acid reflux naturally.
- Improve Lung Capacity by upper body elevation for increased breathing efficiency. Reduces congestion by mucus and fluids.
- Reduce Fluid Retention – Elevating the legs during sleep reduces pain related to swollen feet and legs from fluid retention.
- Alleviate Restless Leg Syndrome by elevating the lower body.
- Provides Relief from Sciatica and Other Spinal Issues by elevating the upper and lower body.
Now, as you know the health benefits of each type of mattress, you can compare mattress reviews and take an informed decision about your choice. We will present with other aspects of mattress and health in another article. Till then be happy and sleep tight.